Daily Archives: January 24, 2011
It’s that time of year again, Enchanted Doll enthusiasts! The annual birthday give-away of a nude Enchanted Doll is now a tradition. The participation rules are different each year, and and this year’s theme is:
Pitch an idea for an Enchanted Doll. The one I like best will win a nude doll.
The 2011 Enchanted Doll birthday contest rules have been simplified to make the contest more accessible for participants. This yearâ€™s contest requires that you pitch your idea for an Enchanted Doll youâ€™d like to see made.
It could be a fully developed character with a back-story, or a purely visual costume, or even an idea for a new accessory. To enter the contest you have to propose your idea in a coherent fashion by articulating it within 100-200 words, stating the source of your inspiration (eg: fairy tale, song, painting); and by providing supporting visual material of original work, such as a drawing, a painting, original photography or a collage, etc. Feel free to use any form of multimedia to help get your idea across.
Do not submit suggestions for existing characters. A submission containing no original ideas or work will be disqualified. Pitch an idea of a character or for a character. If it already exists in culture, then create a new, original vision for that character. Costume or accessory ideas must be original.
- All ideas must be original, or loosely inspired by culture, art.
- Doll idea can be a new costume, a new costume element (headdress, shoes, etc.), a new character, a back-story, etc.
- Entries are digital, and size appropriate for emails. Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have an attachment that is too large, add a link in the email to where it can be viewed/downloaded online.
- All entries must have a written description of 100-200 words.
- Up to three (3) entries per person maximum.
- The entries will be judged by concept originality, fullness of an idea, execution, visual support, and creativity, but most importantly, they will be judged by which one I like the most.
- Show your Enchanted Doll to the world. Upon receiving their prize, the contest winner is to post the picture of the doll on Facebook and/or Twitter.
- Submission Deadline is March 10th, 2011.
- Winner will receive a nude porcelain doll (exact mold/style yet to be determined).
- To be eligible to win, you will need to followÂ @Enchanted_Doll and tweet: “I just submitted my doll idea for the @Enchanted_Doll 2011 contest to try and win a doll!” on Twitter, and will need to “Like”Â Enchanted Doll on Facebook.
- In your submission email, include your Facebook and Twitter usernames so we can verify that you tweeted and “liked” Enchanted Doll.
- Entries may be submitted in either English or Russian.
Lest you think I am so short of ideas this year that I have to fish for them, Iâ€™d like to assure you that this is not the case. I simply want to make this yearâ€™s contest as open and as accessible to everyone, as possible. I may or may not make the winning idea into a doll. Those of you who have been working on your entries before the new rules were announced, donâ€™t despair – save them for the following years!
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or otherwise associated with Facebook or Twitter.
TERMS OF CONTEST SUBMISSION
You agree that: (1) your submissions and their contents will automatically become the property of Enchanted Doll, without any compensation to you aside from the possibility of winning a nude Enchanted Doll; (2) Enchanted Doll may use or redistribute the submissions and their contents for any purpose and in any way; and (3) there is no obligation to keep any submissions confidential.
The official rules page for the contest can be found at http://www.enchanteddoll.com/contests
Get Started. Good Luck!
This entry was posted on Monday, January 24th, 2011 at 6:23 pm
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.