Monthly Archives: July 2017
Both of my kilns broke down last month, and to procrastinate the repairs I took up a shelved project that I’ve struggled with for a couple of years.
It’s like, when you need to study for a chemistry midterm tomorrow, but suddenly the bedroom is so messy that it needs an emergency spring cleaning. Can’t study in a messy bedroom! That’s how I feel about kiln repairs.
Anyway, this doll inspired me again. Now, after a long time away from it I finally know what it needs and how to finish it! I’ve been reworking the composition of her head dress and her veil, but now I find that I’m not satisfied with her face painting and probably need to take her apart and add a few more layers. Which means… I have to do those kiln repairs… Damn it.
She’ll be available for sale in Fall 2017.
This entry was posted on Monday, July 17th, 2017 at 9:28 am
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.