Rules for the Birthday contest 2010
I hope you guys have been busy creating entries for the second annual contest to win a nude Enchanted Doll!
I’ve been thinking about the details long and hard and finally came up with the format of this year’s contest. Sorry it took me so long to hammer out these details, but my life is kind of crazy right now.Well, actually, it’s always crazy, so it’s business as usual. I might need a ghost writer for this blog soon.
Here are the rules: There are no rules! No, just kidding. There are rules, but not too many.
The birthday contest works like this: You make whatever you want , as beautifully and as artfully as you can, send it to me and I choose my favorite “gift”. Whoever made the best entry wins the contest, and a nude doll. Because there are no restrictions on the mediums and the entries will be so diverse, runners up will receive a small prize as well.
1) Submission dates:Â January 30th- March 1st, 2010. No later submissions will be accepted. I must have all the entries to properly judge and pick a winner.
2) Winner will be announced on my birthday, March 16th, 2010.
3) Size limitations: Entry must fit within 2’h x 2’w x 2’d. Metric 60cm x 60cm x 60 cm (If your gift is bigger than the specified dimensions, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Some exceptions may be possible.)
4) Maximum of 2 entries per person.
5) Any medium is accepted: 2d, 3d, paintings, digital, drawings, photographs, prints, tattoos, textile, embroidery, jewelry, sculpture, short films, poetry, edible art, music, mixed media etc., as long as they don’t exceed the size restrictions.
6) All work must be inspired by Enchanted Dollâ„¢Â and accompanied by a title, materials and a written paragraph explaining it.
7) Every single entry sent to me will be displayed in the special annual birthday contest section on my site. By sending a submission, contestants automatically agree to have their work displayed on Enchanted Doll site.
8 ) Submission Terms. By submitting artwork to Enchanted Dollâ„¢ you agree to the following: That the artwork is original artwork that you have created. That you are submitting your artwork with no expectation of compensation (other than a chance to win a doll). That you give Enchanted Dollâ„¢ permission to alter, distort, and/or adapt your work for the purposes of displaying it digitally or otherwise. That while the artist retains the copyright to their submitted work, you forfeit ownership of submitted art to Enchanted Dollâ„¢
9 ) Shipping fees are responsibility of the contestant. All entries must be marked as gifts and contest entries, otherwise they are subject to taxation and duty fees on the border. Entries that require Enchanted Doll pays duty on them, will not be accepted.
10) Prior to submitting the work, entrants will contact email@example.com with details of the work to be submitted to receive shipping information. This way each entry will be expected and anticipated by us to avoid anything being “lost in the mail”.
If you have any questions, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your gift is bigger than the specified dimensions, email me. Some exceptions may be possible.
The contest is now officially open! Go and create your entry! Make sure it’s here by March 13th.
Good luck! I look forward to be blown away by all the talented artists out there!
This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 12th, 2010 at 7:47 pm
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.